Wednesday, May 11, 2005

No. It can't be. That's not true. That's impossible! NOOOO!*

Recently I found myself as heartbroken as a boy with a crush on Katie Holmes when I found out Article III Groupie, a blogger who writes Underneath Their Robes, a very funny blog about the federal judiciary (no easy feat!), is a raging conservative. Like, she's a straight-up "I feel betrayed because Justice Souter turned out not to be a psycho right-winger," "I Luv Judges Who Think The New Deal is Unconstitutional" kind of conservative. Now that the scales have fallen from my eyes, my whole view of Article III Groupie has changed. Before I assumed that her references to Supreme Court clerks as "The Elect" were kinda ironic--but now I wonder, are conservatives really ironic about purported meritocracies? Before I thought that her Superhotties of the Federal Judiciary contest was tongue-in-cheek, but now I think, do Federalist Society members do naughty things with their tongues? Allow me make like a half-assed Carrie Bradshaw and end this with a question: If a conservative makes a joke and I laugh, am I still a liberal?

*Note timely Star Wars reference.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you going to get drawn into a blogging war with A3G? Or a blogging wrestling contest?

Anonymous said...

Wait. Is A3G is woman? THEN the wrestling match would be cool.

TA said...

As an Iowan, I am a fan of wrestling, but I am definitely not planning any kind of blogging fight. For one thing, you guys are the only people who read my blog, and for another thing, I didn't diss her, just called her a conservative, which I assume is not an insult to a person who calls herself that--right?

Anonymous said...

Maybe so, T&A, but still. For a wrestlemania between you two, we'd look past the fact that you never really dissed her.

Is she hot? Does anyone know what she looks like?

Anonymous said...

See, what we need here is an angle that the bloggers out there can sink their teeth into. Like the "should we remove the feeding tube?" angle, or the "white woman done run away from her wedding" angle. I think that the easiest way to attract attention would be to get on Drudge, and we can do that if we claim that T&A Lady was involved with Clinton (Hillary, of course), or something about illicit box-turtle love.

TA said...

Hmmm, Brother Person, you may be right. On the other hand, if Toolstein is interested enough in the idea of this wrestling match to find out who Article III Groupie is, then that would be totally newsworthy, b/c she is uber-anonymous.

Anonymous said...

I have just learned from a reputable source that apparently, rumor has it A3G is a gay man. Accordingly, the wrestling match will not hold quite the same appeal for many of your fair readers, T&A.

TA said...

Holy rumor, Batman! You must tell me more!