Sunday, June 04, 2006

Jesus "Insured with State Farm" Christ

I have had the song "Jesus Take the Wheel" by Carrie Underwood stuck in my head all day. This has been somewhat annoying, but also strangely thought-provoking.

(I will admit that I basically like the song, and basically this is because it makes me cry. Mind you, this is not saying much, because most country songs that are not about drinking or putting a boot in someone's ass--I mean the ones that are about the soldier getting a letter from home or the hooker and the preacher dying in the bus crash--those all make me cry. Now you know about the gap in my otherwise insanely tough exterior! The next time I'm holding up a bank or engaging in other similarly tough activity, you will know how to break me!)

Back to the thought-provoking issue: Does Jesus know how to drive?

Deep, man.

1 comment:

Jackson said...

Perhaps even more important, can he drive a stick?